Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives
This site is dedicated to the 270 men, women and children whose lives were lost in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland on December 21, 1988. Thirty-five students studying abroad with Syracuse University were killed in this terrorist attack.
The Syracuse University Archives established this special archives in 1990 to:
- bring together in one place materials generated regarding the disaster and make those materials available for research, and
- provide a place to personalize our students whose lives were lost; where their families can donate materials by or about them to let the world know in some way what has been lost by their deaths.
Included in the collection are newspaper and magazine clippings, photographs, information on trials, government documents, books, audio and videotapes, posters, exhibit materials, and items specific to individual victims.
- VOLUME: more than 270 boxes; some oversize
- INCLUSIVE DATES: 1988 - present, but some earlier material has been deposited by family members
- LOCATION OF MATERIAL: Archives stacks and oversize area
- DONORS: University administration; victims' families, authors, attorneys, alumni and others
- DATE OF DEPOSIT: 1990 - on
- RESTRICTIONS: Some personal information is restricted